google analytics

Contributors

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weather, Weather, and more Weather

Well, I believe the zucchinis have produced their final fruits.  The other thing I learned this week in gardening is that honeydew plants are cousins of cucumbers.  So that cucumber disease that I couldn't find a treatment for online spread to my honeydew :(  I've gotten a handful of melons, but I don't think I'll be getting many more.  The tomatoes are growing well as well as the bell peppers and jalapenos finally started taking off.

The weather around here has been crazy!



This is from a storm near my mother in laws house.  We kidnapped her puppies so our little  guy would have playmates for a week.  It ended up being alot of fun for us and the dogs :)  But when we went and picked up the pups, she was going on day 2 of no power.  That being said, adding extra puppies to my schedule (it's already been pretty packed) made internet and pictures all but impossible.  For the pictures it didn't really matter though.  It's been drizzling rain here.  No cool lightening or thunder where we live, just rain.  I'm sure the garden loves it though! 

That being said, I have been working on reading Captivating and taking notes.  It's such a good book!  Other than that, I've been working on LARP rulebook pieces.  I finished a pair of socks.  The yarn is really awesome.  It's a Hobby Lobby home brand, but it's a wool mix (I tend to be allergic to wool occasionally) that I can wear!  They are so nice and soft and warm.  I'm going to have to pick up more yarn so I make me some more!  My current knitting project is a pair of Norwegian mittens.  My hubby picked me up a book called Norwegian Handknits that's full of awesome designs.  The only sad part is that it looks like my first pair of mittens will be too small for me.  Well, it's a good Christmas gift in the making then, right? 

I just got a group of my good friends together and we're making a knitting circle.  I'm really excited about this and we're going to meet for the first time next Wed.  I hope everything goes well because this will  be fun if it does :).  One of my friends is going to pick up Letters to Juliet (I think that's what it's called) for us to watch while we craft!

Now, I did want to take a minute and mention this.  I've recently discovered Scentsy and the woman who's introduced me to it is super nice.  I'd like to take this chance to direct you to her and encourage you to look around.  her website is here.  She does a scent of the month club to let you sample things and is over all just really nice.  I'll let you all know how we like our products (we loved our samples) when they come in!

Well, I know it doesn't seem like much, but besides running around this has been what I've been up to.  Today we're getting NomNoms (awesome cupcakes by us) to take to my husband's step brother and I'm sure we'll visit with them all for a little while before coming home.  Next weekend we go to the Ren Faire so I'll take lots of pretty pictures to share ^.^  Have a blessed and safe week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment