google analytics

Contributors

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Busy as a Bee

Well, things have been hectic around here!  I think things are going to slow down a bit (at least a little) soon.

The plants are coming along (slowly but surely), but today I do not have pictures of them :(.  I haven't had a chance to take any and to get them ready, so we're going to have to suffice with two slideshows with pictures from other events I've been to recently!

The first is the hockey game I attended last Friday.  Talk about a good time!  I grew up in the South (yes, there are hockey teams where I grew up...they just aren't amazing) so I'd only been to one hockey game previous to this.  Some of our dear friends are on a hockey team and it was their final home game of last season!

 

 This was also the first time I've been able to try my hand at hockey photography.  I had to resort to a 1600 ISO to cope with using a zoom lens (I was sitting in the stands cheering them on), the speed of the game, and the lighting.  I had a total blast.  My husband painted himself up with a friend and I sprayed silver glitter in my hair (one of their team colors).  It was a good way to begin the weekend!


On Saturday, we headed out to the NERO Detroit Larp.  They needed some NPC help (which my husband was able to provide) and I took some pictures for them.  We stayed there for about six hours.  It was pretty nifty.


Sunday was Game of Thrones of course! I also (on Saturday) finished Dance with Dragons.  My hubby (who hasn't read the books yet) was kind of sad that the season opener was more set up than action, but I'm not sure what he expected :D.  My only complaint about Game of Thrones and such is that they air during spring and summer.  I wish I could find a good show for us to watch during winter.  It seems like all the good tv comes on when it's nice outside and the shows during winter are bland (which doesn't help keep you distracted from bland winters).

Monday, we attended a memorial service for the mother of one of our closest friends.  Even though I'd only met her a few times, she was such a kind and amazing woman.  I'm really sad I didn't get to know her more.  It's strange to think about how people come into our lives and how they leave.  Think of how many people you have a short conversation with on the bus, at the store.  We are such social creatures.  I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this, but I think I'll leave it there.  It's been both an amazing and sad week so far.  I think I'm pooped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment