google analytics

Contributors

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cheap Mario Block Decorations Explained!

I live on a budget and when doing things, if I can make it, I try to.  If I can make it cheaply, that encourages me further!

A picture from last week's blog showing the blocks in action.
These guys were really easy to make and cost about 2.00 for three!  Now, I do warn that this post is going to be picture heavy and text light!  :)

My first step was to pick up these take out container style boxes from dollar tree.  As you can see you get three for a dollar.  I also picked up a black Sharpe marker!  Then I took the stickers off and folded the tops down so that they resembled boxes.













The next step was to draw horizontal lines across the box and on the bottom (since it would be seen by people as well).  Then you make your bricks (I have a video better showing this!)  Many people suggested that I cut the tops off instead of folding them down and fill them with some kind of "filling" (I was thinking foam or something sturdy) and then put chocolate coins inside so that when they are hit from the bottom you can get a reward.  I did not try this with them this time, but I think it's a cool idea!




Once again pardon the poor filming quality!  I don't have a video camera specifically for filming these sorts of things so I use my camera or my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment