google analytics

Contributors

Friday, February 21, 2014

Endless Winter


Dreary looking, isn't it?  I don't know a single
person who isn't ready for spring at this point!

Well, it's starting to hit that point where the snow looks less and less appealing and more and more dreadful.  I'll admit it.  At the beginning (and even well into) of winter I love snow and can't wait to see it!  It's so fluffy and white and makes everything look so peaceful.  This is the point I start to hate though.  Here in Michigan, we've reached the never ending slush stage.  Partially melted grey mush.  Ick!  
Mystery seedling!
I've heard that it's going to refreeze and snow again soon, but at least I know that this initial slush means we're closer to spring!  This week has been both busy and slow at the same time.  It's been busy with tasks like meal planning (I'll get to that in a later post :) I found a neat website to share!), grocery shopping, and just general around the house stuff.  The starters seem to be doing well!  We had our first bits of green pop up!
Chamomile baby plants!
  One of the plants is labeled a mystery in our house at the moment though!  I started six starters originally to test making the news paper pots and to see if they would start up before we planted the rest of our nicer seeds.  In them I planted a kale, some heirloom pumpkin seeds, and a flower.  I'm guessing this guy is either the flower getting started or the pumpkin, but time will tell!  Our next bit of 
green came in the form of our chamomile starting to sprout!  These little guys aren't nearly as large as the other one, but we were really excited to discover them none the less!  I guess there really isn't much else to say for this week other than that our car decided that the snow is too much for it to handle and has deemed it a good time to force a vacation on us!  We do have a second car and I guess if it had to choose a time to go poorly (something is wrong with one of the wheels) now isn't the absolute worst time possible, but I still wish it would have waited :P.  Have a great week everyone and we'll be back with more updates next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment